Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Long Summer Weekend


I love the long summer weekend to celebrate the Fourth of July. It feels like the real kickoff of summer. Everyone from coast to coast stops complaining about the problems and the politics of this country, and genuinely feels proud to be an American, at least for one day. Also, let's be frank... I freakin' love fireworks. Normally, I am all about being right underneath the big boom, bang, pow of the giant sky-lit fireworks shows, but I enjoy the small ones too. My mother likes to tell the story of when I was little and she had to hide me behind the Disneyland bathrooms from the absolute terror I had of the fireworks show. I actually remember that event rather clearly. I am glad I grew out of that!

Well, here's to a long and wonderful summer, and a good start to the second half of the year.

(Flag photo via HCVA tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment