Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Liebster Award


Thank you to Laura from Green Mountain Globetrotter for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I gladly accept. The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It is a fun way of discovering new blogs, and connecting with other bloggers. I had not heard of this before, so I did some digging. Liebster is a German word that means sweet, kind, beloved, and dearest. 

Here are the rules:
If nominated, you need to post a blog post with the following:
1. Accepting the award.
2. Answering the questions set by the blogger who nominated you (and comment on your nominator's page so they can read your answers).
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers (try to avoid repeats) for the award. And comment on their blog so they know they are nominated (and remember to link the rules).
4. Set 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
5. Place the Liebster Badge on your post.

Questions:
1. Why do you blog?
I have been reading blogs for a few years now, and have always thought of starting one. I used to have a Livejournal back when that was popular, but blogging is different these days. I like the idea of sharing things I like, whether it be a trip I took, photographs, quotes, fashion, and beauty. This is where I can document my life and my interests, and connect with others. It would be great to grow a readership and share ideas with others in this community.

2. What's the best book you've read recently?
I read 'Bossypants' by Tina Fey in May, and laughed out loud. She had some really funny stories, and I love a good memoir, especially when they are funny.

3. Share a fact you recently learned.
This is really gross, but I learned humans can grow horns, and they are called cutaneous horns.

4. Where do you find your blogging inspiration?
From other bloggers. I have a few favorites that I follow, and their posts inspire me, both in everyday life and in blogging.

5. How do you design your blog?
I used carrielovesdesign on Etsy, and purchased the template I have now.

6. What is your day job?
I'm a buyer at a small Silicon Valley company that makes analyzers for environmental scientists and utility companies.

7. Coffee or tea?
Tea. Especially green tea. But I enjoy the occasional coffee too.

8. What is your greatest accomplishment?
Graduating college I suppose.

9. What was your favorite childhood book?
The Rainbow Fish! I loved the beautiful water color and foil stamping, and the book had a good message. It is just beautiful all around.

10. What item is at the top of your wishlist?
These Frye boots.

11. What's your favorite season?
Summer. I love the warm weather. I love wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops. I love cold refreshing drinks and being outside. It's a happy season.

I nominate the following people (if you didn't list your number of followers, I guessed!):


And here are your questions:
1. What is the hair product you cannot live without?
2. Are you a cat or dog person? Or neither?
3. What is your day job?
4. Who is your favorite actress?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, and money wasn't an issue, where would you go?
6. What song are you currently playing on repeat?
7. If you could have one super power what would it be?
8. Beach or the mountains?
9. What is your favorite season and why?
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
11. What magazines do you like to read?

Be sure to link back so I can read your answers!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thank you for nominating me! You are so sweet!

    Courtney from Barefoot in Blue Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you nominated me! Ill make sure to do all this week! Have an amazing weekend!
    -Jen @three sweet peas

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! I accept! :) Here is my Liebster Award link!


    http://moeandmanny.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination once again!
    Here is the link to my post about the Liebster Award with the answers to the questions.

    http://barefootinbluejeans2011.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    Courtney from Barefoot in Blue Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw congrats on the nomination! What a great idea :)

    xx Alecia with www.likesof.us

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea - thanks so much, Christy! I'll be sure to link back to you when I finish the post. I really just started to blog more frequently and it's been great becoming a part of the blogging community and reading about and "getting to know" such interesting and creative people.

    Megan
    http://talesforscout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I loved reading your answers and I'll check out your nominees! And those Frye boots are great.

    http://greenmountainglobetrotter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thank you so much for the nomination! Loved your Q&A and getting to know more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here are my answers-- http://www.agoodhue.net/2013/09/liebster-award.html

      Delete
  10. Thanks for nomination me sweet girl! My answers will be posted today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christy! My answers are posted here! Thanks again for thinking of me :)
    http://www.threesweetpeasblog.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    Also- such a weird fact that people can grow horns...crazy!!!

    xoxo
    jen
    www.threesweetpeasblog.com

    ReplyDelete