Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Muir Woods

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir

I took a walk in the woods with my wonderful friend Laura about a week ago. Muir Woods is a national monument north of San Francisco. Neither of us had actually been in this park before so we took a little drive to enjoy the outdoors and look up into the tall redwoods grove.

A few photos I snapped...








Beautiful place to visit, and if you're staying in San Francisco this is well worth the trip over the Golden Gate to spend some time in the early afternoon. I imagine this would be an awesome place for pictures in the foggy morning hours.

4 comments:

  1. You have a great eye. the photos look great. it's not easy photographing Muir
    woods. I've been there many times just myself, with family and with tour clients.
    parking can be a problem so I always try to get there way early in the morning.
    hope you saw some big yellow banana slugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It can be difficult photographing forests without a tripod. Many of my pictures were lost to the unfortunate blur. We braved the parking lot at midday and we lucked out and got a spot right out front! Sadly we did not see any banana slugs :(

      Delete
  2. These photos are absolutely gorgeous!! Looks wonderful! Love your blog, girl!!
    xo
    Jody
    www.jodybeth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The lens loved this magical place. Just checked out your blog and loving it!

      Delete