Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Daydreaming of Italy & France

 (Source)

I am beyond excited to be visiting the above places this October with Cameron. I have never been to Europe, and we decided to visit some of the majors - Rome, Tuscany, Venice, and Paris. We started booking everything back in February, but I have neglected to finish all of our itineraries. Rome is complete, but I still have a lot of places to map out. We are taking two whole weeks off work for this trip, which is going to be amazing because I don't even think I've taken that much time off work ever. Looking at photos and reading travel guides is making my imagination run wild on all the possibilities for exploring museums, walking down cobblestone streets, shopping for fresh bread in the markets, and indulging in my favorite... gelato (although this will be the real stuff). Above all, two weeks with my favorite person in beautiful foreign places is going to be such a good time. The anticipation for this trip makes me extremely happy!

What are you up to this weekend? I am taking today off work because I have a nice boss and he let me stay home since I worked both days last weekend. I have an appointment to get my hair cut at a new salon (crossing fingers), and I need to do a few errands but I also hope to squeeze in a massage. Tonight Cameron and I are going to see Elysium, which we've been waiting to see since we saw the preview. Or I should say since I saw the preview. Cameron closes his eyes during movie previews for movies he wants to see because he feels like the previews give too much away. I thought this was odd at first, but it started to make a lot of sense. I don't have the same self control, and I just keep watching :).

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in France and lived in Italy for 6 months and all I can say is enjoy!! Miss both everyday. Great food. Venice is my favorite city on earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I am really looking forward to the great food too. If you have any recommendations let me know. You probably know of all the good places to go. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete